B.Sc MATHEMATICS WITH CA
To foster a vibrant teaching learning environment that offers high quality Value based Education enabling the students to excel in a variety of career paths globally.
To provide the need based quality training in the field of Mathematics with Computer Applications. To enlighten the student by means of innovative techniques in content delivery. Inspire the students to become intellectually capable and provide services to the academic community and society.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
After 2 or 3 years of completion of the programme, the Graduates will
- Become professionals equipped with the knowledge and Computer skills relevant to the practice of Mathematics and analytical decision-making in an inter-disciplinary environment.
- Become entrepreneurs empowered with the ability to think creativity, formulate mathematical models and solve problems using computer programming.
- Emerge as researchers enriched with the skills of mathematical modelling and data analytics.
- Turn into good citizens catering to the arising needs of the society with their inculcated values and environmental awareness.
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Use mathematical and computer knowledge to analyse and solve problems.
- Create mathematical models, formulate precise statements and reason out logically.
- Derive solution for the models developed for a better functioning of the real world systems.
- Create or select an appropriate technique in research methods including analysis, interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Use modern tools, software and advanced programming for obtaining solutions to the desired accuracy.
- Serve the society with a willing heart, as and when a mathematician with computer knowledge is required.
- Be conscious of the environmental hazards and contribute to its minimization scientifically.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms.
- Recognize the need for individual and team work in an inter-disciplinary environment and participate effectively.
- Present mathematics clearly and precisely to an audience of peers, faculty and others.
- Engage in life-long learning.
- Use Data analytics and Big Data techniques effectively especially in the execution of any specific projects.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
B.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Applications is an undergraduate Mathematics course. It covers the fundamentals of Mathematics and Computer Applications. SRCAS’ three year Mathematics with Computer Applications program provides not only the skills highly sought after by employers but also the mathematical knowledge specifically required for real life phenomenon. It is the theoretical study of computation, its implementation and practical applications. However, even a cursory glance at a computer science textbook will convince the reader that mathematics lies at the heart of the subject, since mathematics provides both the language of computation and the logical tools needed to develop the relevant theories. It aims at preparing graduates for employment in application areas that require substantial input from both these two disciplines.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Applicants can apply data analytics to practical applications in computer science.
- They can use concepts and tools of operations research and integral calculus to solve real-life applications.
- They can create and develop software applications using a systematic approach; apply general principles of modern programming languages; and Examine emerging computer and software technologies within dynamic environments.
- The course also aims in providing students with sufficient knowledge to enable them to pursue further studies in advanced computer science and computational mathematics.
- Students can gain an array of “soft” skills and Some coherent studies in another related fields such as Physics.
- We provide a variety of modes of teaching throughout your degree, including lectures,group discussions and seminars.
Our strength in Teaching Learning is,
- Usage of ICT tools in teaching learning viz. Kahoot, Hot Potatoes, Quizlet, Crosswords, etc.
- Mobile based Learning Management System.
- MOODLE for effective assessments.
- Online Certification Programs.
- Library with OPAC access and recent edition of books.
- Online Assignments/Seminars
- Workshops/Field Visit
In addition to the formal structured teaching, we pride ourselves on being an open and friendly team and are always available for advice or an informal chat. Your class tutor in particular is your key point of contact to guide you through your degree programme, to help you get the most out of your studies and answer any questions you may have.
- Data Analyst – Data Scientist
- Investment Analyst
- Research Scientist
- Secondary school teacher
- Software Engineer – Statistician
- Operational Researcher – Banking
- Civil Services – Consulting
- Insurance Companies – IT Companies
Registration for Admission