Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts & Science (Formerly SNR Sons College) is a renowned Arts and Science college in the country, where excellence is tradition. It is situated at the heart of the city and has a beautiful campus sprawling over an area of 15.9 acres with excellent infrastructure. It is affiliated to Bharathiar University and accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council since 2001, with Grade ‘A+’ in its 4th cycle. It is recognized by the UGC Act under sections 2f & 12B from 2007. The college enjoys autonomous status since 2004. It is an ISO 9001:2015 certified college. The college is under the STAR College Scheme of The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India since 2019.
The college was started in the year 1987 by SNR Sons Charitable Trust, founded by the sons of Sri. S. N. Rangasamy Naidu, a devotee of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. The college fulfilled the long felt need for a premiere organization to bring in constructive transformation in younger generation by imparting technical, behavioural and value based education. The campus provides state-of-the-art facilities for a holistic education, and a student-centric, participatory teaching, learning system that assures the students optimum educational benefits. The college has distinguished competent faculty members.
The college is at the forefront of higher education in India by balancing its commitment to academic excellence with emphasis on all-round development of students. The college has a splendid record of three decades of service in the field of higher education offering programmes in arts and science, Management Sciences, International Studies, Information Technology and Biotechnology. The college offers 25 undergraduate programmes, 10 postgraduate programmes and 10 research programmes. Regularly, the college introduces new programmes to meet the demands and challenges of the industry. The curriculum promotes global competency through enriched training and research. The college focuses on introducing innovative practices in teaching and learning, developing employability skills, enhancing quality and instilling social responsibility.
- Demonstrate English proficiency in the industry/enterprise/community by conveying ideas clearly, effectively and professionally to the satisfaction of all the stakeholders.
- Acquire problem solving, initiative and enterprise skills that contribute to productive and innovative outcomes.
- Develop and update domain knowledge relevant to the chosen career to succeed in highly competitive and rapidly changing work environments.
- Apply technology competently and appropriately as and when required.
- Obtain the ability to lead a team or develop group behaviour in order to work in a team.
- Identify and comprehend the interrelationship among environmental, social and economic sustainabilities.
- Recognize and respect the role of cultural differences and diversity in work and social contexts.
- Articulate and apply personal ethical actions in professional and vocational situations.
- Show a commitment to sustained and ongoing personal and career-related learning.