The college is an Autonomous institute, affiliated to Bharathiar University Coimbatore and offers programmes in various streams - Computing, Management, Commerce and Science and Humanities. These streams offer 25 undergraduate programmes and 10 postgraduate programmes. All streams are also recognized as research centers for pursuing M. Phil. and Ph.D. programmes of Bharathiar University.
Admission to the progremmes for an academic year begins from April and ends in June. The College, on the whole ensures a transparent and fair admission process, purely on the basis of merit providing equal opportunity to all aspirants irrespective of their socioeconomic, cultural and educational upbringing. The admission procedures of UG and PG course is ensured by strictly adhering to the norms and guidelines issued by the Government of Tamil Nadu and Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
The candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu or an equivalent examination shall be eligible to join the first year of the UG degree courses, subject to the stipulation that the candidates satisfy certain specific conditions, if any, prescribed by the University for admission to the respective courses.
The candidates, who have passed an UG degree examination of Bharathiar University or an equivalent examination, shall be eligible to join the first year of PG Degree courses in this College, subject to the condition that the candidates should satisfy certain other specific conditions prescribed, if any, by the University for admission to the respective courses.
While admitting foreign students, it is ensured that the candidate holds a valid visa (students’ visa/provisional students’ visa) to study in India and eligibility for admission. The students are requested to obtain clearance from The Registrar, Bharathiar University with regard to the eligibility of the candidate before confirming their admission.
Athletes and outstanding sports persons are given first preference and a fee concession by the management during admission. They are also provided with TA, DA and sports uniform for participating in the sports meet. Necessary weightage is given during admissions. The Institution also provides merit Scholarship to the students on mark basis.
- Candidates with Master’s Degree of Bharathiar University in the concerned or related discipline or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto by the Syndicate of Bharathiar University.
- All candidates should have passed a two-year PG programme after 3-year Bachelor’s degree programme and Higher Secondary Course of 2-year duration after 10-year SSLC (10+2+3+2) for the admission of the programme.
- A candidate with 55% (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates in the minimum eligibility marks) of marks and above in the Master’s degree and working as Full-time Research Fellows/Technical Assistants/Research Assistants in time-bound Research Schemes of one year duration or more in University Departments/Research Departments of Affiliated Colleges/Recognized Research Institutions.
- Any person employed in any concern/organization/institution/R&D Centers/Laboratories situated within Tamil Nadu or Research Institutions recognized by Bharathiar University with a minimum of 55% of marks in the Master’s degree. Such candidates shall produce a No Objection Certificate and Service Certificate from the Employer or Head of the Institution (in case of Educational Institutions).
- All teachers working in colleges affiliated to Bharathiar University are eligible. Candidates working as guest lecturers on consolidated pay are also eligible to pursue M.Phil. (Part-time) Programme provided they produce an NOC and Service Certificate from their respective colleges.
- Candidates working in colleges affiliated to Universities other than Bharathiar University have to produce a No Objection Certificate and Service Certificate from the Head of the Institution/ University
- C. need not be insisted for admission to part-time M.Phil./Ph.D. programme.
- Medium of Language is Tamil for the candidates doing their research in Yoga for Human Excellence for those who have studied UG/PG degree courses in Tamil medium and for the rest of the candidates, the medium is English.
Ph.D. (Full Time / Part Time)
The candidates should have passed a PG degree course (i.e., SSLC+HSC+UG+PG) or (SSLC+Pre-degree+1+UG+PG) or 10-year SSLC plus 3-year Diploma plus two year UG degree and two year PG (10+3+2+2). A candidate possessing a PG degree with 17 years of total duration of study alone is eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
Candidates belonging to the following categories are eligible to register for Ph.D., (Full Time / Part Time) Programme:
- A candidate having a minimum of 55% (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates in the minimum eligibility) marks in the qualifying examinations.
- The part-time candidates belonging to any one of the following categories are eligible:
- Working as a teacher in Department of the University or an affiliated College of this University / Higher Secondary School / High School / Middle School / Polytechnics with in TamilNadu, recognized / approved by the Government
- Scientists / Research fellows / Research assistants / Technical assistants / Project assistants / Project Fellows / Research associates appointed in the research projects funded by recognized agencies / Government / Industries are also eligible to register for Ph.D.
- Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant / Company Secretary and other professionals with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their professional qualification are eligible for Part-time Ph.D. registration.
- For candidates other than a teacher, any permanent staff in a Government Office / Private or Public Ltd., Company / a recognized factory / institution / research institution / Educational Institution / business with a minimum period of two years of experience after obtaining their Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% of marks (staff includes Board of Directors, Proprietor and Partner) are eligible for par-time for Ph.D. registration in the relevant discipline.
- Candidate working as a Guest Lecturer in a Govt. College or a Govt. Aided College in TamilNadu is allowed to registration, subject to the production of NOC and Service Certificate from his/her employer.
- A candidate already holding a Ph.D. degree in a discipline / subject specialization is eligible to register for a second Ph.D. degree in another discipline / subject specialization.
- Transfer Certificate need not be insisted for admission to part-time M.Phil /Ph.D Programme.
- The medium of language for M.Phil /Ph.D. is Tamil for those doing their research in “Yoga for Human Excellence”, provided if they have studied UG/PG degree courses in Tamil Medium and for the rest of the candidates, the medium is English.
- Those who are going to register Ph.D. without fellowship must have appeared the Common Eligibility Test (CET) conducted by the Bharathiar University.
Candidates Registered for Ph.D. (Part time) outside Tamil Nadu
Candidates from outside TamilNadu (like NIT, CSIR Lab. etc.,) are allowed to register for Part-time Ph.D subject to submission of NOC from HOD/Head of the Employer where the candidate is employed. An additional amount of 5,000/- will be collected as special fee from such candidates other than Tamil Nadu. As per the UGC guidelines the candidates are permitted to do their research under the faculty members who are recognized guides of Bharathiar University working within the jurisdiction.
M.Phil., candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in their Master’s Degree programme as well as their performance in Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by BharathiarUniversity.
Ph.D. Selection of research candidates is on the basis of merit, performance in CET conducted by Bharathiar University and interview. Students who have cleared CET conducted by state agencies such as SET and national agencies such as UGC NET / UGC-CSIR-NET / GATE are exempted from CET for admission into Ph.D Programmes.
Based on the selection list, the students are interviewed on the date of admission, all original documents are verified and admitted to the corresponding programmes offered by the institution.
The following original certificates should be submitted by the candidates seeking admission to a course at the time of admission.
- Original mark statement of the qualifying Examinations (10th, +2 for UG issued by the examination authority
- Transfer certificate and Conduct certificate
- Community certificate
- Provisional certificate ((in case of candidates seeking PG admission)
- Certificate of proof to be provided when admission is sought under some Special Quota / concessions like Differently able/ Sports Quota/ NCC/Ex-Servicemen
- One set of attested photocopies of the above certificates