SRCAS Innovation Centre
What SIC do
“Innovators’ Innovate with us”
SR-CAS Innovation Centre leverages Innovation and Inventiveness of Students and Faculties by connecting people, Designing, Developing Opportunities, and facilitating entrepreneurship through innovation and research. Rapid changes in the higher education will open the opportunities for new ways to think, learn, create and grow.
SIC ensures the ability to educate student innovators capable of life changing work that addresses the nation’s toughest challenges. We welcome the innovators to innovate with us, and to join SIC for the Purpose of Entrepreneurial development.
SIC recognizes the innovation in learning and the use of learning technologies come from faculty, students and staff working together inside and across experiences programs and departments. Our nature of job is to identify, accelerate, and create new ways to learn, research, develop, deliver and collaborate.
The vision of the centre is to inculcate the entrepreneurship and Innovation education research to the Learner Community of SRCAS.
The Mission of the centre for Innovation and Research is to help Learner’s Community in improving their Innovative and Entrepreneurial Mindset.
- To motivate Students to think laterally and to generate innovative ideas.
- Providing guidance to students with the help of international resources and local resources for product development.
- To organize workshops and guidance to students towards entrepreneurship and Innovative Research.
- Seed funding and space for students to work on idea to develop with commercial product from time of learning.
- To create awareness about patenting among faculty, students and researchers.
- To facilitate at least two innovative products that may be useful for society.
We are design thinkers, Instructional Technologies, experts in assessment, researchers, and student innovators.
1. Chairman: Dr. K. Karunakaran
Job Profile: Shape, vision, facilitate, learning, experiences, teaching.
2. Director of Engagement: Dr. D. Santhana Krishnan
Job Profile: Storytelling amplifies, connects, and builds community.
3. Lead Designer: Dr. D. Santhana Krishnan
Job Profile: Transforming ideas, creating clarity, cultivating change.
4. Instructional Designer: Prof. K. Poornima
Job Profile: Designing and building purposeful, meaningful experiences.
5. Instructional Designer: Dr. V. Krishna Priya
Job Profile: Brainstorming effective teaching and learning strategies.
6. Director of Assessment: Dr. D. Hari Prasad
Job Profile: IPR, Learning together to ask hard questions.
SRCAS innovation Centre is a place for remarkable in learning and Technology. These featured Projects exemplify the types of work that helps to connect, amplify, and expand.
Student Innovation Team:
- Globe hand
- FFE Studio
- Chem Spectra
- Thulir Hydrophonics
SIC want to with you, Participate, Explore, and Observe.
Prasannaa Kumar D. (Founder & CEO)
Department: Physics (2016 – 2019)
Company Name: fablabz.edu
Products: Smart Machine Automation
Registered under Udyogaadhar, ID: TN03A0050385
Startup Commenced 25.11.2017
Gokul A.(Founder & CEO)
Department: Physics (2017 – 2020)
Company Name: globehand.we
Products: Advanced Smart LED tube light.
Registered under Udyogaadhar, ID: TN03A0055480
Startup Commenced 06.02.2018
Vishnu M. (Founder)
Department: B.Com (PA) (2016 – 2019)
Company Name: Viz studios (FFE)
Products: Video Editing, Photography & Post Production Suite
Registered under Udyogaadhar, ID:TN03D0068435
Startup Commenced 25.06.2018
- SAI Incubation Centre
Innovation Centre Accolades
Sri Ramakrishna Innovation Centre has been recognized by AICTE & MHRD MIC with 4 Star Status for the year 2018 – 2019.
SRCAS has been recognized by Atal Ranking for Institutions on Innovations Achievements for the active Participation for the year 2018 – 2019.
Innovations by IC
Sri Ramakrishna Innovation Centre has created various Innovative Products like
- Fab Lights (Installed in College Campus)
- Bio Metric for Student Login at IC
- Pollution Reckon
Policies Regulations, and Guidelines
- The goal of SR – Innovation Centre at Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts & Scienceis to promote technology based entrepreneurship and thereby facilitate practical application of knowledge for Societal Benefit.
- SR – Innovation Centrewishes to facilitate the creation of ideas and inventions that benefit society. To this end, SR – IC has adopted this Pre Incubation Policy to provide guidance and management structure to facilitate the development of entrepreneurship.
- The scope of this document is to define the policies and procedures for the operational matters related to the SR – Innovation Centre It covers the following processes:
- Admission procedure
- Infrastructure and Services provided to incubate
- Mandatory Mentorship
- Period of Innovation & Incubation
- Intellectual Property Evaluation
- Seed Funding
- Periodic Assessment
- Conflicts of interest
- Special provision for Chemical & Biotechnology based Startups.
The policy is subject to periodical review and amendments. It will be the responsibility of the companies admitted to SR – IC to update themselves from time to time on amendments in the Incubation policy and procedures.
Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science reserves the rights to make an exception of all or any of the terms of the policy for a particular company or a promoter on a case to case basis.
IC Faculty Coordinator
Dr D Santhanakrishnan
Assistant Professor, Dept. of International Business
Mobile: 96007 71096
Rohith Kumar J
II Bsc Chemistry
I Bio Tech
Priya Dharshini K
I Bio Tech