To inculcate quality education in the field of chemical sciences with both theoretical and technical knowledge enabling the students to explore themselves to serve the society and nation with required global standards
To produce graduates with higher academic potential by creating an environment of independent thought and high ethical standards and also committed to integrity for life long learning by widening the knowledge
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To provide an in-depth knowledge in understanding the basic concepts of chemical sciences and enable them with the tools needed for practice in organizing chemical information.
- To expose the students to a breadth of experimental techniques using modern instrumentation by learning the laboratory skills needed to design, safely conduct and interpret chemical research.
- To expertise in the inter-disciplinary nature of chemistry and to integrate knowledge of mathematics, physics and other disciplines to a wide variety of chemical problems.
- To develop the ability to effectively communicate the scientific information and research results in written and oral formats.
- To excel in professionalism, including the ability to work in teams and apply basic ethical principles.
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Ability to apply the knowledge of science, mathematics and technology principles to practical situations in their respective professional career.
- Design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze the data obtained on scientific reasoning and analytical problems solving with a molecular perspective.
- Identify, formulate and solve the technological problems of the industry, understanding the professional and ethical responsibility.
- Acquire broad education in chemical sciences necessary to understand the impact of experimental solutions for global, economic and social environment.
- Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams, communicate effectively in multicultural environment and work with professionalism.
- Use the techniques, skills and modern technology tools necessary to succeed in the graduate competitive examinations and pursue higher studies in Chemical technology.
- Recognize the need for engaging in lifelong learning and continually update technical knowledge through self-learning.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Established in the year 2016 offering UG programme. Committed to provide knowledge, skill and seeks to mould students into multifaceted persons capable of facing the challenges in rapidly changing world. Offers UG Programme with practically focused multidimensional quality learning experience in excellent academic environment. Comprises qualified faculty members whose research expertise includes frontier areas in chemistry.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Department of chemistry actively involved in consultancy services for food and water industries (STAR Testing Laboratory).
- Faculty members are equipped with multi-disciplinary skills in research
- Industrial related subjects in the curriculum
- Offering job oriented courses
- Encouraging the students in the group projects.
- Usage of ICT tools in teaching learning process
- Periodic assignment and seminars which will help the students to develop insight into the subjects.
- Industry oriented training programmes
- To Empower the women self help groups through training programmes
- Signing MoU with reputed research institutes and chemical industries
- Establishment of R&D Laboratory
- Publications in High impact Journals and book Publications
- Seminar/ conferences
- Industrial visit
- Guest lecture