Master of Social Work (MSW)
Making Social Education a tool to Create a World Community wherein everyone is empowered with equal opportunities for growth and live peacefully.
To provide the quality, industry relevant and scientific Social Work education.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The MSW graduate from our SNRSC will be able to:
- Design and implement interventions, policies, programs, and services that are accessible and acceptable to people who may be different or diverse from the majority of the population served.
- Apply a broad range of critical thinking skills of analysis and problem-solving to strengthen individuals, families and communities using interventions relevant to their areas of concentration and specialization.
- Use skills relevant to their areas of concentration and specialization who advocate for human rights in order to empower individuals, families and communities.
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice-informed research and, to engage in program evaluation
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge about human development and behavior in the social environment, and who draw upon this knowledge to assess the biological, psychological, social, and environmental factors that affect individuals, families, and communities.
- Promote social and economic well-being by engaging in leadership and policy practice which addresses social problems. This practice includes analyzing, formulating, and advocating for policy and programs.
- Engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate practice in their chosen areas of concentration and specialization at the advanced level utilizing research findings and evidence-based practice.
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Identify and conduct themselves as Professional Social Workers in the areas of varied social work practice with individuals, families, and groups, or leadership in public and nonprofit agencies.
- Demonstrate a commitment in working with diverse groups and commit to lifelong learning about diverse and oppressed groups in a cultural context.
- Demonstrate an ecological understanding of the intersection of social problems such as poverty, crime, social injustice, classism, and incorporate this understanding into their assessments and interventions.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Social Work was established in the year 2011. The department has initially offered MSW, M. Phil. & Ph.D in Social Work. At the PG level the department offers three specializations, namely, Community Development, Medical and Psychiatric Social Work, Personnel Management and Industrial Relations
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Experienced staff with about two decades of service
- First college to offer Science and Technology for Social Work Practice
- A course namely Indian Legal System is integrated with MSW Programme
- First College to offer NPTEL online courses integrated with Curriculum and the credits are transferred and shown on Mark statement
- OBE / Blooms Taxonomy / ICT based teaching learning process
MSW programme produces industry ready candidates and the jobs are aplenty in government / non-governmental / industry / hospital / International / National NGO
- To set-up a Relationship Research Centre by March 2019
- To undertake a funded Major Research Project by December 2018
- To organize One International Conference by Nov. 2019
- To sign MoU with NGOs / Industries / Hospitals – each two before March 2019
- To implement student exchange programme with foreign institutions by June 2020
- Mr.Amarjith Singh State Secretary, Bharatiya Janata Party Manippur State
The MSW Department Association has organised the following recent funded and self-financed programmes:
- Have completed CII-Yi funded research project on Organ Donation with a budget of Rs.1,70,000/- (June – August 2018)
- Have completed CII-Yi funded Consultancy Project on Organ Donation with a budget of Rs.50,000/- (April – May 2018)
- To organize ICSSR funded National Conference on “Work Place Harassment of Women in Cine and Modern Arts” with a grant of Rs.40,000/- (4-5thOctober, 2018)
- To organize ICMR funded National Conference on “Mental Health Vs School Bullying” with a grant of Rs.40,000/- (9-10thOctober, 2018)
- Organized CSR Trust funded “Prevention of School Bullying” (Sep. 2016)
- Organized ICMR Sponsored Workshop on Chronic Pain 30-31 March 2017
- Organized CSR Trust funded “Prevention of School Bullying” (07 Oct. 2017)
- Organized TNSCST sponsored Workshop on IPR (15-16 Nov. 2017)
- Organized ICMR Sponsored Workshop on IPR 14-15 December 2017
- Organized TNSCST sponsored Science Promotion Activities (08 December 2017)
- Organized TNSCST sponsored Mangalyaan – Tech Demonstration (13 December 2017)
- Organized Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment funded seminar on “Elderly Care & Protection” (10 January 2018)
Dr.R.Thirumoorthi has been Appointed as Honorary Tutor in School of Medicine, Cardiff University, UK (January 2018 – January 2021)