B.Sc Information Technology(IT)
Leadership in Education, Research & Innovation through Teamwork with a focus on development of Younger Generation to the needs of the time.
To make effective contribution to the society in a dynamic environment by widening teaching and research activities with a team of creative and dedicated staff.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Be quality professionals who adopt themselves to the ever-changing IT industry and work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Acquire sound knowledge in information and communication technology and be professionals with managerial ablility and social responsibility.
- Be effective communicators with excellent interpersonal skills by engaging in lifelong learning .
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Apply the basis of mathematics and domain knowledge in their core area of information technology.
- Develop applications in current trends for solving real time problems.
- Communicate effectively to the computing community and to the society at large.
- Engage in continuous learning as an IT professional that meets the needs of industry.
- Apply professional and ethical values in global environment.
- Apply the knowledge of software management principles to manage projects effectively.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual or as a leader in a team environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Information Technology, right from its inception has been imparting quality education in the field of Information Technology. The department has expanded and grown in terms of dissemination of knowledge with different computer platforms for grooming professional students to meet the incessant demands of the IT Industries.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Well equipped lab
- Qualified faculty members
- Technology based teaching / learning
- Students placement in core companies like Capgemini, CTS, Amazon, Accenture, Infosys etc.,
- IT consultant
- Web developer
- Mobile app developer
- Software engineer
- Data modeller etc.,
- Improve placement ratio with the help of alumni
- Strengthen the collaboration with industry
- Establish centre of excellence
- Exchange of faculties with International Universities
- Get funded projects
- Get consultancy projects
- Mr. Muralitharan G, iOS Technical Lead, eMids Technologies, Bengaluru, received Execution Excellence award in 2017
Organizing seminars, workshops, conferences, technical symposium, industrial visits to get exposure on latest trends in IT field.
Registration for Admission