The Department of Biotechnology operating under the Ministry of Science and Technology, New Delhi has sanctioned Rs 63 Lakhs as financial support for strengthening Life science and Biotechnology education and training at undergraduate level under STAR College scheme.
Participatory Departments Under STAR Scheme
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Department of Electronics and Communication Systems
Specific Objectives of STAR College Scheme
- Utilization of financial resources for procuring essential equipments aimed at enhancing the hands-on practice experience of UG students.
- To promote Inter-departmental activities and Inter-institutional tie-ups aimed at enhancing the exposure of students in the state of the art technology and research activities.
- To motivate the faculty towards attending workshops, seminars, conferences, symposia towards improving the technical expertise in their respective area.
- To organize seminars and workshops towards expanding the frontiers of knowledge of the students and as well the faculty.
- To enhance reference base of the students and faculty.
- To promote IT resources accessible to students for effective and updated references.
- To create awareness among the public.
- To enhance the status of institution among life science course offering colleges in the country.