M.Sc Computer Science & Information Technology
Leadership in Education, Research & Innovation through Teamwork with a focus on Development of Younger Generation to the needs of the time.
To make effective contribution to the society in a dynamic environment by widening teaching and research activities with a team of creative and dedicated staff.
M.Sc Computer Science
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
Our students following Post Graduation will be able
- To Develop a core knowledge base in the academic field of Computer Science added with communication and management skill for effective engagement with the environments in which they operate-Education/Industry/Society.
- To maximize their technical strength, leadership qualities to work independently and as a team to meet new global challenges.
- To Transform multidisciplinary knowledge gained through projects and industrial training, leading to a sustainable competitive edge in Research and Development, with varied complexity
- To achieve their careers with the potential efficiency and the self-assurance that drives innovations in implementing their ideas to useful products.
The Computer Science Curriculum is designed so that each student will have demonstrated the following competencies upon graduating with a Master of Science in Computer Science:
- Ability to apply foundational computer science concepts for the design, analysis, development and practice of advanced computing techniques and devices.
- Ability to share knowledge and impact of computer science solutions for integrating business and other human contexts.
- Ability to analyze, identify, formulate and solve real world hardware and software issues.
- Ability to work with the databases, network technologies and information management systems.
- Ability to accomplish task with different set of teams and working environments globally.
- Ability to realize professional and ethical responsibility leading to creativity and productivity in the fields and professions beyond the regular computer science curriculum.
- Ability to promote life-long self learning, so as to remain professionally effective to the society at large.
M.Sc. Information Technology
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To gain knowledge in fundamental areas of information technology along with a depth of understanding in a particular area of interest.
- To develop independent critical thinking and problem solving skills, with an ability to analyze the impact of technology on individuals.
- To recognize the need for continuous learning to address users’ need with social and ethical values.
- To gain skills to communicate efficiently with technical and nontechnical people in the information technology field and strategies for facilitating projects and activities.
- To Pursue advance education, research development and other creative ideas in the field of information technology.
- Ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- Ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.
- Ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuous learning.
- Ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- Apply professional, ethical, legal, security and social values and responsibilities in global environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- Planning to produce 90% results in each subject
- Planning to place all the Job Aspiring students.
- To inculcate self-learning in PG one course to be completed online through SPOKEN TUTORIAL during their study period.
- To improve the admissions strategies to be planned and implemented.
- To implement “Earn While You Learn Concept”.
- Motivating the faculty to attend one workshop/seminar per semester, in turn faculty are requested to take peer learning sessions.
- Faculty are motivated to publish & Present one paper per year in International Conference & Journal
- To enrich the faculty knowledge & skill set, faculty are requested to complete one Self learning Course/year.
- To bridge the gap between Industry and Institute, every semester industrial experts will be called to interact with the students.
- Faculties are motivated to submit one project/seminar proposal to the funding agencies.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT/ HIGHLIGHTS
- The Department offers M.Sc(Computer Science) & M.Sc.(Information Technology)
- The department has faculty expertise at Ph.D. level with research focus on Datamining, Cloud Computing, Metrics & Measurement.
- Faculty are well Qualified and well experienced in industry, research and as well as in teaching
- Faculty will participate in FDPs, Seminars and Conferences to gain Up-to-date up gradation in the Academia and Industry and they in turn conduct Peer learning session for the faculty and students as content beyond class rooms
- Department organizes Interactive Sessions with Eminent Personalities.
- Faculty members are capable of applying proposals for various funding agencies and Publishing/Presenting papers in national and international levels.
- Excellent ICT based teaching learning environment.
- Department is working on outcome based teaching-learning process
- Department implemented “Earn while you learn Concept” for the students
- To bridge the gap between Industry and Institute the department organizes guest lectures from industry and academia.
- The department helps the student members in managing the activities of the CSI Student Chapter
- Department organizes Conferences, workshops and short term courses for knowledge uplift of faculties and students.
- Planning to apply more proposals for the funding Agencies
- Planning to introduce industry oriented subjects
- To Organize various short term courses, workshops, seminars from experts under CSI and from corporates
- To start various activities under Research & Development Cell
- Planning to bring Alumni for better placements
- Planning to introduce SLET/NET Coaching
Registration for Admission