SRCAS Innovation Centre
What SIC do
SR-CAS innovation Centre leverages Innovation and Inventiveness of Students and Faculties by connecting people, Designing, Developing Opportunities, and facilitating entrepreneurship through innovation and research. Rapid changes in the higher education will open the opportunities for new ways to think, learn, create and grow.
SIC ensures the ability to educate student innovators capable of life changing work that addresses the nation’s toughest challenges. We welcome the innovators to innovate with us, and to join SIC for the Purpose of Entrepreneurial development.
SIC recognizes the innovation in learning and the use of learning technologies come from faculty, students and staff working together inside and across experiences programs and departments. Our nature of job is to identify, accelerate, and create new ways to learn, research, develop, deliver and collaborate.
“Innovators’ innovate with us”
The vision of the centre is to inculcate the entrepreneurship and Innovation education research to the Learner Community of SRCAS.
The Mission of the centre for Innovation and Research is to help Learner’s Community in improving their Innovative and Entrepreneurial Mindset.
- To motivate Students to think laterally and to generate innovative ideas.
- Providing guidance to students with the help of international resources and local resources for product development.
- To organize workshops and guidance to students towards entrepreneurship and Innovative Research.
- Seed funding and space for students to work on idea to develop with commercial product from time of learning.
- To create awareness about patenting among faculty, students and researchers.
- To facilitate at least two innovative products that may be useful for society.
We are design thinkers, Instructional Technologies, experts in assessment, researchers, and Student innovators.
1. Chairman: Dr. K. Karunakaran
Job Profile: Shape, vision, facilitate, learning, experiences, teaching.
2. Director of Engagement: Dr. D. Santhana Krishnan
Job Profile: Storytelling amplifies, connects, and builds community.
3. Lead Designer:
Job Profile: Transforming ideas, creating clarity, cultivating change.
4. Instructional Designer:Prof. K. Poornima
Job Profile: Designing and building purposeful, meaningful experiences.
5. Instructional Designer:Dr. V. Krishna Priya
Job Profile: Brainstorming effective teaching and learning strategies.
6. Director of Assessment: Dr. D. Hari Prasad
Job Profile: IPR, Learning together to ask hard questions.
1. College Management:
3. Innovation Centre (Local Chapter):
SRCAS innovation Centre is a place for remarkable in learning and Technology. These featured Projects exemplify the types of work that helps to connect, amplify, and expand.
Student Innovation Team:
- Globe hand
Strategic process – REAP Method
SIC Strategy (Retrain Experience and Action Projects) method is an integrated approach to learning that enables to put classroom theory into practice.
- Case Study method
- Simulation model
- Fostering interactive learning through thought-provoking discussions with students.
EXPERIENCE – Translate theory into practice with
- Panel discussions with industry experts.
- Company visits.
- ACTION PROJECTS Learn by doing.
- Innovative Projects – on real client problems in a low-risk setting, equipping with practical, employment-enhancing skills.
SIC want to with you, Participate, Explore, and Observe.
Policies Regulations, and Guidelines:
The goal of SRCAS Innovation Centre at Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts & Scienceis to promote technology based entrepreneurship and thereby facilitate practical application of knowledge for Societal Benefit.
SRCAS Innovation Centrewishes to facilitate the creation of ideas and inventions that benefit society. To this end, SIC has adopted this Incubation Policy to provide guidance and management structure to facilitate the development of entrepreneurship.
The scope of this document is to define the policies and procedures for the operational matters related to the SRCAS Innovation Centre It covers the following processes:
- Admission procedure
- Infrastructure and Services provided to incubate
- Mandatory Mentorship
- Period of Innovation, Incubation & Exit
- Intellectual Property Evaluation
- Seed Funding
- Periodic Assessment
- Conflicts of interest
- Special provision for Chemical & Biotechnology based companies.
The policy is subject to periodical review and amendments. It will be the responsibility of the companies admitted to SIC to update themselves from time to time on amendments in the Incubation policy and procedures.
Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts & Science reserves the rights to make an exception of all or any of the terms of the policy for a particular company or a promoter on a case to case basis.
Pre Incubation Process:
SRCAS Innovation Centre has a clearly defined Pre incubation process which helps entrepreneurs realize their ideas. The objective of Pre incubation is to make the students to come out with business ideas and make them to produce successful companies with the potential to create jobs, commercialize new technologies, and strengthen economies.
If an idea is found to be developed and interesting enough, the Students’ will be given an opportunity to present it to SRCAS Innovation Centre’s Screening Committee. The Students’ will be trained, Mentored, Monitored and Supported with the facilities available at SRCAS innovation Centre.
Prasannaa Kumar D. (Founder & CEO)
Department: Physics (2016 – 2019)
Company Name: fablabz.edu
Products: Smart Machine Automation
Registered under Udyogaadhar, ID: TN03A0050385
Startup Commenced 25.11.2017
Gokul A.(Founder & CEO)
Department: Physics (2017 – 2020)
Company Name: globehand.we
Products: Advanced Smart LED tube light.
Registered under Udyogaadhar, ID: TN03A0055480
Startup Commenced 06.02.2018
Vishnu M. (Founder)
Department: B.Com (PA) (2016 – 2019)
Company Name: Viz studios (FFE)
Products: Video Editing, Photography & Post Production Suite
Registered under Udyogaadhar, ID:TN03D0068435
Startup Commenced 25.06.2018