About the Department
The Department of Physics offers the B.Sc., degree programme since the academic year 2015-16. The department is being powered by, well talented and dedicated faculty members. The physics laboratory is equipped with essential advanced instruments. The department actively involves in encouraging students to demonstrate various scientific models, arranging trips to industries and research institutions and exploring them in recent development in the field of physics, by conducting seminars and guest lectures apart from the academics. Moreover, the students are being enlightened in the field of co-curricular, extracurricular and competitive examinations. The pleasant environment prevailing in the department assures the positive growth in the contest of both the department and the students.
Value Added Program / Job Oriented Course conducted by the Department
Solar PV Installer, Industrial Automation & Robotics, IoT Using Embedded Systems, PYTHON Programming, Robotics for Beginners etc.
List of job roles a Physics candidate can choose from after the completion of studies
Physicist: PhD holder in physics becomes a physicist. They perform experiments and investigate the theories of Physics to reach a conclusion. UG students are also eligible to work as a research assistant or technician in various research laboratories. They can apply for researcher or scientist posts at top organizations in India like DRDO, BARC, ISRO, NTPC, BHEL etc.
Teaching: A candidate with good knowledge and teaching interest in physics can join as an assistant professor in college or university and also as a high school teacher.
Lab Assistant: Candidates with Physics degree can work as a lab assistant in various firms like clinics, laboratories or institutes to handle technical equipment.
Radiologist Assistant: Those who have sound knowledge about rays, devices, emission can work as a radiologist, who can diagnose disease and injuries using medical imaging, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nuclear Medicine, Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Ultrasound.
Geophysicist: A Physics degree holder with the knowledge of Earth’s seismic activity, gravity and magnetic field can join as a Geophysicist. They can locate minerals on the Earth.
Content Developer: Physics graduates can work as a subject matter expert in various organizations. They are responsible to create content as per the requirement of the client.
Academic Counsellor/ Advisor: Physics graduates can join a school/ academic institutes/ college as an Academic Counsellor/ Advisor. They can assist students with their queries related to the subject.
Computational Scientist: Physics graduates with computer knowledge can start their career to solve scientific problems using computing principles.
Physics graduates will find many career opportunities in Private as well as in Public sectors. Other notable fields for physics graduates are
- IT (data science/engineering, coding)
- High tech industry (semiconductors, optics, aero-space)
- Finance (hedge funds, banks…)
- Automobile manufacturing
- Environmental control
- Oil and Gas
To provide a creative and stimulating environment for the education of future generation of physicist.
Programmes Offered by the Department
- B.Sc Physics
Associate Professor & Head
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
After 2 or 3 years of completion of the programme, the Graduates will
- Become leading Researchers andEntrepreneurs, createa platform for earth, planetary and space scientists.
- Exhibit interest in life long learning including higher studies that provide sustained development of the irresearchability with innovative ideas
- Continuously update themselves in the field of Physical Science and understand the social needs and generate novel solutions at National and International level
- Be ready to work effectively as a team,in the respective fields using their interpersonal skills
Upon the completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Apply core and multidisciplinary knowledge in all respects to overcome contemporary issues in the field.
- Plan,design and execute complex experiments using appropriate methods to analyse data and interpret through theoretical knowledge.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Analyze,formulate,review research literature and arrive at a conclusion by identifying complex problems.
- Apply numerical, analytical and logical skills during competitive examinations.
- Employ the mathematical and computing knowledge in the appropriate discipline.
- Understand ethical, legal and social responsibilities to find effective solutions.