About the Department
The Department of Computer Science was established with the objective of imparting quality education in the field of Computer Science. The department has modern facilities for teaching, learning and research. The department offers a wide array of research opportunities and programs of study at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Highly qualified faculty, talented and dedicated, knowledgeable and cooperative
- High quality faculty having expertise in current IT technologies
- Strong research potential with active faculty publication activities
- Flexible curriculum management
- Good Master of Science program with new courses
- Excellent undergraduate curriculum
To discover, investigate and shine in the arena of sophisticated learning worldwide.
Programmes Offered by the Department
- B.Sc Computer Science
- M.Sc Computer Science
- M.Phil Computer Science
- Ph.D Computer Science
Associate Professor & Head
Associate Professor & COE
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
After 2 or 3 years of completion of the programme, the Graduates will
- Develop foundational knowledge in the computer science field and acquire communication and aptitude skill.
- Function effectively as a team member and/or leader in multidisciplinary and multicultural environments.
- Recognize the societal and global context of their work and to understand professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Pursue lifelong learning to update the recent developments.
Upon the completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Apply basic knowledge of Computing and Mathematics in their appropriate domains.
- Identify a problem and decide on the computing requirements to find a solution.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computer-based systems, process, component or program to meet desired needs and in the construction of new software systems.
- Function and communicate effectively in teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Realize the professional, ethical, security, social issues and responsibilities.
- Analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society.
- Recognize the current need and engage in continuous professional development.
- Use current techniques, skills and tools necessary for computing practice.