Computer Science with Cognitive Systems
About the Department
The Department of Computer Science with Cognitive Systems started in the year 2020 to bring the real world to the classroom through the TCS Academic Interface Program. Industry Integrated BSc Computer Science with Cognitive Systems in collaboration with TATA Consultancy Services(TCS) is a value-added graduation degree with an in-depth understanding of real-time infrastructure domains blended with practical lab experiences. The Department has the proud recognition of launching GDSC for the benefit of all students in the Institution. The department designs and deploys a full-fledged course curriculum in the field of IT to build a talent pool of industry-ready graduates. The department possesses a good placement record and good alumni connections.
To educate the students to meetthe Globalchallenges by bringing the real world to the Classroom through Academic Interface Program .
To educate students to learn industry relevant Curriculum designed and Deployed by Industry by arranging Expert sessions for Industry Integrated papers, Industrial visits, Faculty development Programs and Student Engagement Programs.
Programmes Offered by the Department
- B.Sc-Computer Science with Cognitive Systems
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To produce value-added graduates with an in-depth understanding of real time infrastructure domains blended with practical experiences in the area of industry relevant courses.
- To impart full-fledged knowledge and deep understanding in the field of IT infrastructure and IT Applications – Maintenance and services
- To get real time exposure from the industry and to keep them being readily employable, students are exposed to student engagement programs, expert sessions on industry integrated papers, industrial visits and career aspiration program
- To enable a student to apply the knowledge across disciplines systematically.
- To Build a talent pool of industry-ready graduates by teaching and training on industry relevant curriculum through train the teacher model
Upon the completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Ability to face the real world and meet the global challenges by upgrading themselves through self-learning skills
- Ability to understand professional and ethical responsibilities and analyze the impact of computing as individuals, organizations and towards society
- Able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively, responsibly, respectively and creatively in teams.
- Able to acquire and understand the new knowledge and use them to develop and understand the importance of lifelong learning
- Ability to understand the computing needs of inter-disciplinary and design and development of algorithms, infrastructure and IT Applications -Maintenance and services.