Computer Science with Cognitive Systems
About the Department
Computer Science with Cognitive Systems (Integrated with TCS) has been evolving as an important branch of science and engineering and it has carved out a space for itself. Computer Science is a discipline that spans theory and practice and it requires thinking, problem solving skills, creativity and careful reasoning. The computer science discipline also has strong connections to other disciplines. B.Sc., Computer Science with Cognitive Science is aimed at undergraduate level training facilitating multiple career paths. Students so graduated can take up postgraduate programmes in computer science leading to research as well as R&D can be employable at IT industries or can adopt business management careers. There are several employment opportunities and after successful completion of an undergraduate in computer science, graduating students can fetch employment directly in companies as web developer, software engineer, network administrator, data scientist etc. .
To educate the students to meetthe Globalchallenges by bringing the real world to the Classroom through Academic Interface Program .
To educate students to learn industry relevant Curriculum designed and Deployed by Industry by arranging Expert sessions for Industry Integrated papers, Industrial visits, Faculty development Programs and Student Engagement Programs.
Programmes Offered by the Department
- B.Sc-Computer Science with Cognitive Systems
Associate Professor & Head
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To produce value-added graduates with an in-depth understanding of real time infrastructure domains blended with practical experiences in the area of industry relevant courses.
- To impart full-fledged knowledge and deep understanding in the field of IT infrastructure and IT Applications – Maintenance and services
- To get real time exposure from the industry and to keep them being readily employable, students are exposed to student engagement programs, expert sessions on industry integrated papers, industrial visits and career aspiration program
- To enable a student to apply the knowledge across disciplines systematically.
- To Build a talent pool of industry-ready graduates by teaching and training on industry relevant curriculum through train the teacher model
Upon the completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Ability to face the real world and meet the global challenges by upgrading themselves through self-learning skills
- Ability to understand professional and ethical responsibilities and analyze the impact of computing as individuals, organizations and towards society
- Able to communicate effectively and work cooperatively, responsibly, respectively and creatively in teams.
- Able to acquire and understand the new knowledge and use them to develop and understand the importance of lifelong learning
- Ability to understand the computing needs of inter-disciplinary and design and development of algorithms, infrastructure and IT Applications -Maintenance and services.
|Name of the Board: Bsc (Computer Science with Cognitive Systems)|
|1||Dr V Krishna Priya||Chairman||
Dept of Computer Science with Cognitive Systems
|2||Dr N Balakumar||University Representative||
Head, Pioneer College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
|3||Dr Arockiasamy Soosaimanickam||Abroad Academic Expert||
Dean, Department of Information Systems,
University of Nizwa
|4||Mr Stephen Moses Dinakaran||Industry Expert||
Tata Consultancy Services,
HR -Academic Interface Program
|5||Mr Srinivasan||Subject Expert (External)||
Tata Consultancy services
|6||Dr K S Jeen Marseline||Subject Expert (External)||
Department of Information Technology
Sri Krishna College of Arts and Science
|7||Dr Mahalakshmi S B||Member (Internal)||
Dept of CSCS