Commerce with Professional Accounting
About the Department
This Department was established in the academic year 2010 – 2011. It includes various specialization papers in commerce and Accounts. The department teaches the syllabi through learner – centered teaching methods such as case studies, role play, field visits and project work. Besides the regular program, the department offers value added and co - curricular programs. The enthusiastic teachers of this Department prepare students to pursue their higher studies and clear Professional and Competitive Exams. There are remedial classes organized for deserving students. The curriculum is updated according to the changing environment in industry and Commerce through board of studies with eminent members. With the help of the faculty members and students of Commerce PA Association has achieved many laurels.
Together we shape the professionals for better future
We create the platform to learn, progress and grow.
Programmes Offered by the Department
- B.Com with Professional Accounting
Associate Professor & Head
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Student will possess a deep and broad understanding of Accounting principles
and practices as evidenced by professional employment, continued professional development and graduate study in professional fields.
- Graduate will be flexible, adoptable, independent and collaborative with leadership qualities, so as to sustain oneself working in multidisciplinary team
- Manage entrepreneurship outlook and engage in lifelong learning.
- Graduates will be responsive to professional and societal contexts, committed to ethical concerns, effective and contributing member of the community.
Upon the completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Ability to project themselves individually as professionals in the field of Commerce.
- Ability to exhibit knowledge of project, financial and investment management useful to become an entrepreneur
- Ability to create, select, and apply appropriate Accounting Software and modern accounting standards with an understanding of the limitations.
- Ability to execute work effectively as an individual or as a part of a team, within a real business situation to accomplish a common goal
- Ability to apply ethical principles and responsible practices during their profession.
- Ability to work effectively by adopting appropriate roles and processes.
- Ability to implement creativity and problem solving skills in various real life time problems.
- Ability to use appropriate technology for communicating within interpersonal team and group environment.