Commerce with Cost and Management Accounting
About the Department
Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science thanks you for your virtual visit to the Course Commerce with Cost and Management Accounting(CMA). The Department of Commerce with CMA was started in the year 2021. This programme is designed to bridge the gap between conceptual learning and practical application to inculcate professional corporate expertise. The programme imparts application skills and provides knowledge and training ground that turns out high standard, competent and versatile professionals.
This course specializes in steering managerial decisions, identifying accountability, sustaining standards, evaluating efficiency and the effectiveness of management. Many organizations requires professionals like Cost Accountants (CMA’s) who will after the completion of this course will have specialized knowledge on strategy of business and value creation. The main objectives are to inculcate specialized education and training among students and also to nurture personal, interpersonal and societal skills with a focus on Holistic Education. This programme helps to enrich the students with academic and practical excellence in the field of Commerce and Industrial spheres. In the realm of economic activity, one of the best options as a career to grab is selecting Commerce with Cost and Management Accounting.
To make the Department a high calibre Centre of Excellence in the fields of Commerce and to guide the innovations of Cost and Management Accounting that is appropriate and worthy for the business and service sector.
• To bring out the excellence in students by providing knowledge and training to the students in the field of commerce.
• To build self-confidence and proactive approach that is related to personality development, speaking and writing skills.
• To make a student prospective entrepreneur who is not a job seeker but a job creator.
Programmes Offered by the Department
- B.Com Cost & Management Accounting
Assistant Professor & Head
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To prepare graduates for successful career in academia or professional in the field of commerce
- To provide students with requisite knowledge and skill sets and possible professional expertise in order to develop business in social and environmental context.
- To perform their duties efficiently, effectively and ethically at individual level and also at group level in a multidisciplinary team, contributing to the welfare of the society.
- To enable students to critically analyse the real time business problems through lifelong learning and ethically solve the problems identified.
The student graduating with the Degree BCom CMA should be able to
- Acquire Knowledge in Trade, Commerce, Finance, Management and systems from both theoretical and practical perspective.
- Apply cost and management skills to make decisions in a dynamic business environment.
- Identify, formulate, and analyse complex managerial problems reaching validated conclusions using principles of cost and management accounting, taxation, Law and finance
- Develop Managerial Plans, Policies, Procedures and Strategies that meet the needs of industry with appropriate consideration for societal, cultural and environmental factors.
- Instill in students an effective communication skill, teamwork, a multidisciplinary approach, and the ability to relate in business analysis and project appraisal and management.
- Build professional competency through industry interaction.
- Become skilled professional at the foundation level and ability to complete professional courses
- Recognize the need for, to prepare and engage in independent and life-long learning and apply the professional and ethical values in business