Commerce with Banking and Insurance
About the Department
The department B.Com (Banking & Insurance) started its functioning as a dynamic department aiming at quality education for creating energetic professionals of banking and insurance. The main objective of the department is to create nurture and enlightened professionals in the industry of banking & insurance, to grab the emerging opportunities in the highly competitive world. This programme plans to organize various Conferences, Guest lectures, Industrial visits, Educational Tours, etc., for the students so that they equip themselves to be a part of the society and make measurable contributions. The department also ensures in placing our students in Companies of National and International repute.
To develop expertise in banking and insurance, enriching and stimulating core competence among the students through quality education, research and dynamic development.
To produce Banking and Insurance professionals with high level of knowledge inculcation and potentials to render services with commitment & integrity to the society.
Programmes Offered by the Department
- B.Com with Banking & Insurance
Associate Professor & Head
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
After 2 or 3 years of completion of the programme, the Graduates will
- Exhibit progressive skills in banking, insurance and other concepts that underlay it.
- Develop a wider and clear understanding of the needs of banking services, insurance, accounting, auditing and taxation including the regulatory, social and legal framework for understanding of current issues.
- Develop conceptual understanding, continuous efforts to learn and also be able to promote an intellectual capabilities of evolving dynamic environment and an understanding of current issues.
Upon the completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Understand the concepts and principles of banking and insurance operations in line with reflection of recent trends, standards and norms.
- Demonstrate the business, social, economic, legal and natural environment with ethical values within which the industry efficiently operates.
- Apply progressive learning of company formation, regulatory formalities, accounting and communication process in the management structure of banking & insurance sector.
- Practice effective communication skills, both orally and writing in conveying information, ideas, problems and solutions to stakeholders.
- Apply a wide range of technological skills related to software packages, applications and accessing online databases in banking & insurance.
- Apply advanced banking and insurance concepts and techniques, to facilitate decision making, planning and problem solving in the respective field.
- Employ relevant accounting, taxation, marketing, research & computational skills, applying both quantitative and qualitative knowledge & innovation in the future careers.
- Practice the significance of managing financial institutions and services, to describe and apply financial concepts, tools and theories.
- Identify the current developments, issues and inculcate Lifelong-learning skills in the module area at both theoretically and practically.