About the Department
The Department of Languages is functioning effectively since 1990. It offers Part I (Tamil, Hindi, French, Malayalam, Arabic), Part IV (Basic Tamil, Advanced Tamil) for all undergraduate Programmes since its inception. From the year 2004, the Department functions as the Research Department. It offers M. Phil (Full time / Part time) and Ph. D. (Full time / part time). The department encourages inter-collegiate competitions, there by enriching the knowledge of the students to meet the challenges and excel in the field of languages.Innovative courses are introduced in curriculum.
- Intertwine The Literature And Life Among Students Community.
- To Enrich Flawless Speech, Writing And Communicative Skills.
- To Mold The Students A Responsible Citizens, Humane And Discipline In Social Environments.
- Retrieve The Tamil tradition And Inculcate Them in the Younger Generation.
- Motivate The Pupil’s Reading Habits, Review of Literary Work and Creativity in Literature.
- To Create Self Confidence,Patriotism And Leadership Quality In Their Spirits
Programmes Offered by the Department