SRI RAMAKRISHNA COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCE (AUTONOMOUS), COIMBATORE – 641006
DBT - STAR COLLEGE SCHEME
The Department of Biotechnology operating under the Ministry of Science and Technology, New Delhi has sanctioned Rs 63 Lakhs
as financial support for strengthening Life science and Biotechnology education and training at undergraduate level under STAR College scheme.
The participatory departments under STAR scheme are
1. Department of Biotechnology
2. Department of Electronics
3. Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
The specific objectives of the STAR College Scheme are
1. Utilization of financial resources for procuring essential equipments aimed at enhancing the hands on practical experience of UG students.
2. To promote Inter-departmental activities and Inter-institutional tie-ups aimed at enhancing the exposure of students in the state of art technology and research activities.
3. To motivate the faculty towards attending workshops, seminars, conferences, symposia towards improving the technical expertise in their respective area.
4. To organize seminars and workshops towards expanding the frontiers of knowledge of the students and as well the faculty.
5. To enhance reference base of the students and faculty.
6. To promote IT resources accessible to students for effective and updated references.
7. To create awareness among the public.
8. To enhance the status of institution among life science course offering colleges in the country.
DBT STAR COLLLEGE SCHEME - Members - Advisory Committee
DBT STAR COLLLEGE SCHEME - Minutes of the meeting of the First Advisory Committe
First Advisory Committee Photos
error: Content is protected !!