To identify hidden talents, provide opportunity for students to realize their provide opportunity for students to realize their full potentials and shape them into future leaders, entrepreneurs and good human beings.
The broad goal of our department is to respond to the ever changing needs and expectations of business environment and demands of the community by molding students into accountable citizens , developing a sense of dedication , social conscience etc.,
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To provide sound Commerce knowledge among students to enable them to gain productive employment in different sectors of commerce, trade and industry.
- To educate and inculcate innovative thinking, leadership skills, effective communicative knowledge and a general understanding of business to become successful and dynamic entrepreneur.
- To promote and enhance social role, ethics and value towards the society.
- To provide a good foundation to students who plan to pursue professional courses like CA, CMA & CS.
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Acquiring knowledge in various accounting aspects and to excel in concepts of accounting, its frame work and its applications
- Attaining Proficiency in fundamentals of law relating to business and commercial activities.
- Exhibit basic written and interpersonal competencies
- Ability to analyse and evaluate the possible opportunities in the business environment and to excel in the field of entrepreneurship
- Apply the subject matter in real business situations
- Possible career options in the field of Accounting, Finance and other related fields
- Ability to take decision individually and collectively.
- Provide a solid foundation for lifelong professional growth.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Commerce aims at providing knowledge in the field of commerce and accounting with a curriculum that ensures the gap between what is taught and what is practiced in industry bridged by arranging frequent Guest lectures, Seminars and Conferences. The Department became a full-fledged research department offering full time and part time M.Phil programme from the academic year 2000-2001.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Highly Qualified and Experienced team of faculties with large strength in number.
- Joined hands with
- ISDC – for ACCA
- RACE Coaching Institute-IBPS
- Chartered Accountant in American Express
- Accounts Executive in Mckinsey
- Insurance Underwriter in SAP Labs
- Finance Manager in Max Life Insurance Company
- Auditor in HDFC Bank
- 8 Guest Lectures organized with renowned resource persons in and around Coimbatore
- 2 Workshops organized with hot topic as “IT Fundamentals and Information Systems” and “Budget 2018”
- 1 Value Added Programme conducted for two days on “Goods and Service taxes”
- Talent Search an intercollegiate meet organized yearly to review the extra talent among the students.
- Upgrading the curriculum based on recent trends in industry.
- Signing MoU’s with top companies for training and placements
- Making department as center of excellence in research.
- Motivating and training the students to pursue professional courses like CA, CMA, ACS, ACCA