M.Com International Business (IB)
To strive for excellence in the field of International Business, by being at one’s innovative best.
Our Mission is on focusing and educating principled International leaders with a Global mindset and Regional perspective who contribute to International Business and society.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Learn, follow and inculcate the Business Ethics and Etiquettes and turn into a Professional in the field of International Business.
- Create leaders who are open-minded and receptive, capable of communicating
and being creative.
- Promote an understanding of different cultures and to refine skills needed for
successful International Communication.
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Apply the mastery of knowledge in Documentation and Custom knowledge in the field of Export and Import.
- Solve professional, legal and ethical issues pertaining to International Logistics and Freight Forwarding.
- Impart knowledge of contemporary issues about society and environment.
- Ability to work in the field of EXIM, Customs, Customs Agency, Forex, Trading, Banking, Logistics, Marketing, and Warehouse Distribution.
- Function on Multi-Culture Environment as a team member/leader and create user friendly environment.
- Ability to emerge as an Export, Import Entrepreneur.
- Communicate effectively in Foreign Language – Spanish.
- Demonstrate skills and understanding of International Business and Management Principles for Technological and Socially relevant Projects.
- Recognize the need for professional advancement by engaging in lifelong learning.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of MIB in S.N.R. Sons College was started in the year 1998. The program offers exposure to complexities of International dimensions of several disciplines such as Logistics Management, HR Management, International Marketing, International Finance as well as International Economics and Social culture. It helps students tackle challenges of a complex multicultural, multilingual and a globally competitive environment as well as expose them to managerial challenges of International trade and of working under different jurisdictions
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Dedicated faculty and staff.
- Experiential exercise and blended learning models.
- Internal professional development.
- Overseas Placement opportunities.
- Student activities and out of classroom opportunities.
- International Marketing - Departments of Companies having exports abroad (Automobile Companies such as TATA Motors, Hyndai Motors etc.)
- Export or Import department of Engineering and FMCGs
- In Ports, Customs Office, Customs House Agents, Freight Forwarding Agencies
- In Global Shipping Companies (Maersk, Mitsubishi Shipping)
- International Logistic Companies (DHL, Excel, FedEx etc.)
- In FOREX departments in Nationalized and Private Banks
- Travel houses and Tourism Sectors
- Consultancy firms (Mckinsey, etc.)
- SEZ, EPZs
- Risk Management
- Food Corporation of India
- To impart skill enhancement program which bring weightage to student’s curriculum during their course period.
- To sign MOU every year in the related industries/academic/research institutions.
- To conduct a minimum of two faculty development programmers per semester on advanced teaching methods in higher education.
- To complete at least one certificate programmes with NPTEL/IIT Bombay /IIT madras/MIT etc., one per year per staff.
- Twinning program from foreign university.
- New website dedicated for the department.
- To get placement for minimum of 80% of eligible students within may of every academic year.
- To extend online certification program through NPTEL/IIT Bombay/MIT etc., for students.
- To mandate every student to be a part of NSS,NCC,YRC, sports, social clubs, rotract etc.,
- To illuminate a spark among 3% of outgoing students to become an entrepreneur.
- To establish open air Amphitheatre with a seating capacity of 1000 within the academic year 2017-18.
- International Lecture Series
- Mentorship Program
- Industry Interaction
- Panel Discussion
- Research Colloquium
- Guest Lectures