B.Com Business Process Service (BPS)
To be a center of excellence for developing corporate leaders who make a difference in the globally competitive market.
To equip and expose students with strong analytical foundations for better decision making in a challenging environment.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Familiarize oneself with the relevant practices on Accounting, Management, Insurance and Capital Market Services as required on various Business Organizations.
- Take up leadership to empower business organizations through innovative strategies and policies with due regard to the ethics, environment and sustainability.
- Recognize one’s own limitations, admit errors and improve behavior with constructive feedback.
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Apply knowledge of Accountancy, Management and Business process services.
- Design a system, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety.
- Function effectively within teams.
- Apply the knowledge gained in real life problem solving.
- Understand professional ethical responsibilities and act accordingly.
- Communicate effectively, both in written and oral forms.
- Recognize the need for engaging in Lifelong learning.
- Gain knowledge of the contemporary issues.
- Acquire entrepreneurial attributes to start and manage their own innovative business successfully.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Commerce with Business Process Services which are the core business activities in the corporate sector. BPS is the IT area with high demand in human resources for Business Process Management software tools under Web Services. The course is innovative in nature and is itself an MoU with TCS along with Bharathiar University.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Industrial Academia Interface with TCS
- Qualified and experienced faculty
- Arranging faculty and student internship program
- Guidance for CPT/ CMA Courses
- Competitive Exam Classes
- Employability opportunities in Corporate Sectors
- Counseling – Academic and Personal
- Mobile Learning – Using ICT tools
- ACCENTURE and other Corporate Sectors.
- Organize a National Level Workshop on “BPS meet” in February 2018
- To Organize a National Level Seminar sponsored by ICSSR on 27th September 2018 on the topic “Financial Inclusion- reach the Unreached”
- Brushing up the minds of students to perform well in the Interviews – arranging Mock Interview’s for the Final Year students
- Orientation Program for both Faculty and Student.
June 2016-May 2017
- The Department of B.Com.BPS has organized a guest lecture on “Introduction of Business Process Service” with the honorable resource person Manickam.K HR and Lead academic interface program, Tata Consultancy Services Chennai, held on 04.07. 2016.
- The Guest Lecture on the topic of “Opportunities in Corporate World” was held on 20.07.2016 with the facilitated resource person Vignesh, Finance Manager who works at Shree Shara Steels and Alloys.
- “The Scope of Business Process Services” was discussed as the Guest Lecture with the presence of Mrs.Nandhini Devi.N, Head, Department of BBA (BPM) in PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, which was held on 26.07.2016 by the Department of B.Com-BPS.
- The Department of B.Com-BPS has inaugurated its association on 17.08.2016 by the honorable presence of Wonder Joky, Business Head, Eidos. Dr.K.Karunakaran Principal and Secretary, felicitated the function.
- The Department had conducted an Intra Department Quiz competition on February 11 2017. The students have participated eagerly and brought out their skills.
- Department also conducted an inter quiz competition on February 16, 2017. 60 students from various departments participated and the winners were awarded with cash prizes.
- On February 17, 2017 the students went to an industrial visit to Ooty, BENCHMARK tea factory accompanied by two faculty members Dr.V.PADMANABHAN and Dr.M.NANDHINI. The students learned the process of manufacturing tea.
- A guest lecture on 16th March 2017 was delivered by Mr.VENKATESWARAN TCS (HR) in the area of Retail Marketing.
June 2017-May 2018
- The Department organized a one week Faculty Development program on Finance and Accounting for Business Process Services supported by TCS from 05/06/2017 to 10/06/2017.
- The Department organized a guest lecture on 23/06/2017 about “Career in TCS” by Mr.K.Manickam, Lead Academic Interface Program, Tata Consultancy Services, Chennai.
- G.Balanarayan Academic Interface Program Head, Tata Consultancy Services, Chennai visited and interacted with the BPS students for Expert Lecture Session on “ Recent trends and expectations in BPS Industry” on 07/07/2017 and released the Department newsletter.
- The Department organized a guest Lecture on “Introduction to financial markets” by Mr.Sivaramravindran and BinuPremkumar on 13/07/2017.
- The Department organized a knowledge sharing session on” Finance and accounting for business process services” by T.V.Balaji AGM – FAO TCS BPS Chennai on 26/07/017.
- The Association of the Department was inaugurated under the school of commerce on 09/08/2017.
- The Department organized the interactive session for the final year commerce stream students about the Career opportunities of Standalone certification programme with Stephen Dinakaran Human Resources – TAG & AIP TCS, Chennai. The faculty and students were oriented towards the program.
- The Department has organized a school visit “Corporate walk” on 31/08/2017 to Sri SowdeshwarividyalayaMat.Hr.Sec.School, Selvapuram, Coimbatore to motivate the school students on the “Expectations of corporate sector in the current scenario”.
- The National Conference a mega event on “Digitalization of Service Sectors – Today & Tomorrow” was organized by the department in association with TCS, held on 27/09/2017. There were four sessions on the themes of “Technology innovations in educational and financial Sectors”, “Financial Services and Digitalization”. There were around 600 participants in and around Coimbatore were participated and presented their working papers.
- Abhjith Benarjee – Operations & Customer Leader-Investment Banking from TCS interacted with the B.Com (BPS) students for Banking for BPS on 26/03/2018.
- An Orientation program by Mr.Balaji, Academic Interface Programme TCS, Chennai on
- 5th July 2018 was held, which was an interactive session of overview of BPS industry.
- An Orientation about ‘A Gateway of Professional Facilitation(CA, CMA, ACS Courses) was organized by the Department by Mr. Elanchezian, founder of Cheziyan Academy, Coimbatore on 7th July 2018.
- A special talk by Mr.SuryaPrakashan, manager International Inc., Coimbatore on “Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals” was organized on 24thJuly 2018.
- Inauguration of Campus to Corporate Club (CtoC) by Mr.Stephen Moses Dhinakaran& Mr. Manikandan Parameshwaranwhich was held on 30th July 2018.
Registration for Admission