B.Com A & F
To develop into a world class center for accounting and finance, developing and nurturing global competencies in students through quality education, research and continuous innovation.
To create nurture Accounting and Finance professionals who possess a high level of knowledge and competence to effectively contribute to society with commitment and integrity.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Have gained a thorough grounding in accounting and other concepts that underlay it.
- Develop a broad and detailed understanding of the requirements of financial reporting, auditing, taxation and finance, including the broader regulatory, social and legal framework, and an understanding of current issues.
- Develop conceptual understanding and also be able to promote an appropriate awareness of information technology and an understanding of current issues
PO–1: Understand the concepts and conventions of accounting, finance and management in line with current standards and norms.
PO–2: Demonstrate the business, social, economic, legal and natural environment with ethical values within which business and economy operate.
PO–3: Apply principles and techniques to formulate solutions to the problems concerned, with planning, resourcing, allocation, appraisal and control.
PO–4: Present information and communicate effectively in written or oral form, at an appropriate level, including the acknowledgement and referencing of sources.
PO–5: Apply a range of IT related skills in the use of word-processing, spreadsheets, software package applications, and in accessing online databases.
PO–6: Apply financial, corporate, cost and management accounting concepts and taxation and auditing techniques to facilitate decision making, planning and control.
PO–7: Employ the financial, banking and investment management concepts in decision making and significance of financial markets and institutions.
PO–8: Practice the importance of capital markets in risk assessment, risk management, value determination and as a source of finance.
PO–9: Identify the current developments, issues and Lifelong learning skills in the module area at both theoretically and practically.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of B. Com (Accounting & Finance) has commenced its operations in this prestigious institution on 2017. It provides a proficient environment to nurture Accounting and Finance professionals with a high level of knowledge and competence to effectively contribute to society with commitment and integrity.
This is a three year degree programme which integrates the field of accounting and finance. The programme aims to provide a solid grounding on the theories, principles and practices in accounting, finance, taxation and auditing. With courses ranging from financial accounting, financial management to international business, economics, taxation and auditing, this bachelor’s degree programme generates the skills required to enhance the analytical and quantitative capabilities-equipping students to pursue a career in the field of accounting, finance, taxation or auditing.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT/ HIGHLIGHTS
- “Digitalisation of Service Sectors – Today & Tomorrow”- National level Conference conducted at the time of blooming period marking a significant contribution .
- Effective and Efficient usage of Google Class rooms, Kahoot, NDL and NPTEL.
- Our Student S.Balaji has won District and National Level Silambam tournaments.
- Aswin ranked as CORPORAL and achieved TSC, IGC in NCC
- Financial Accountant
- Cost controller
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Executive
- Finance Officer
- Financial Advisor
- Wealth Manager
- Placements in government organizations like Planning Commission, CAG, IMF, etc.
- Corporate jobs in Finance and Accounting
- Research and academics Placements in financial organizations like Bank, Financial Institutions, Insurance, Stock broking, etc
- Civil service exams and Competitive exams.
- MOU with Capital markets .
- Industrial Assignments with Infosys.
- Projects to enhance the Students Knowledge.
- Avail funds for research projects
June 2017 - December 2017
- The department organized a guest lecture on “Use of Information Technology in Finance” on 27/07/2017. Mrs Hemalatha Jayakumari , Faculty in IT , Higher College of Technology was the resource person.
- As a part of Environmental Studies activity, the students visited Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park, Anaikatti on 17/08/2017.
- The students also visited Deaf & Dumb School as an outreach activity and distributed food and clothes to the children on 08/09/2017. They also conducted games and made the children happy.
- Students of I B. Com (A& F) participated in a one day guest lecture on “Social Awareness in Emotional Intelligence organized by the Department of Business Management Studies held on 18/09/2017.
- The National Conference a mega event on “Digitalization of Service Sectors – Today & Tomorrow” was organized by the department in association with TCS, held on 27thSeptember 2017. There were four sessions on the themes of “Technology innovations in educational and financial Sectors”, “Financial Services and Digitalization”. There were around 600 participants in and around Coimbatore.
- The students of the department participated in short film making Competition organized by Department of Business Management Studies. A team of nine students Varun Sarathy, Binosh, Aarthi, Aishwarya,Samuel , Dharani , Nirmal, Heyram and Vivekananthan participated in it on 10/08/17. They were awarded for the Time Management.
Achievements of Dr Agila G
- Visited Singapore and Malaysia for a study tour to have future tie ups with foreign universities. She visited Asia Pacific University, Amity University and Manipal International University from 30th September 2017 to 5thOctober 2017.
- Completed NPTEL Online Certification Course on “Developing Soft Skills and Personality”with Elite Certification conducted by IIT, Kanpur.
- Students took part in the various events conducted by the college on the eve of the Pongal Festival which was celebrated on 12.01.2018.
- One Day Educational trip was organized to visit IDBI Federal Insurance Services, Coimbatore on 06.02.2018 to learn the operation process of various departments.
- Guest Lecture on Facts and Myths of Digitalized Economy in India was organized on 1.2.2018 Dr Christopher Selvan – Prefect & Dean – St Joseph College, Bangalore delivered a keynote address.
- Students of I B. Com A&F attended a session on Budget 2018 organized by Department of Commerce.
- Acted as an external examiner for Phd Viva Voce exams for 2 candidates in Bharathidasan University the field of commerce and management. on 14 th & 15 th Feburary 2018 the field of commerce and management.
- To get a practical exposure on the functioning of loading and unloading materials, students of I B. Com A&F visited Cochin Port Trust on 23.03.218 at Cochin.
- Balaji S of I B. Com A&F won Gold and Silver medals in the State Level Silambattam organized by All India Silambam Federation.
- Dr Agila G
As a part of Educational Visit,attended a session on RECENT DEVELOPMENTSIN ISLAMIC FINANCE held at Visited Bursa Malaysia on 30.1.2018 .
Acted as a Speaker and Moderator for National Seminar on Rural Entrepreneurship - A pedestal for inclusive growth through strategic innovation organized by the Department of Commerce, PSGR Krishnammal College for Women on 13th February 2018.