B.Com Computer Applications (CA)
To make the department as a highly standard Centre of excellence in the field of Commerce education, training & research.
To bring out the students of the department with sound Commerce education along with the application of computer skills to meet the global challenges.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To Equip Graduates with adequate knowledge and skills to become professionals and leaders in industry and commerce.
- To imbibe an attitude in graduates for research and development with an aptitude for an independent entrepreneurship.
- To inculcate Professional and Business Ethics with the commitment to the society and environment.
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to
- Excel in complex accounting problems in Finance, Cost and Management decision making areas and provide suitable solutions.
- Trained with computerized accounting practices and application of computer skills to the efficient Management Information System, knowledge sharing.
- Acquire knowledge in computer programing languages to solve important business problems.
- Ability to pursue professional courses like CA, CMA, Company Secretaryship.
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels.
- Apply management principles in various business decisions like Marketing, Finance, HR and
- Knowledge to become a Certified Internal Auditor.
- Knowledge to design and develop Project Reports for various business ventures.
- Propose viable ideas and business solutions in tune with Global, Economic, Environmental and Societal contexts.
- Discharge responsibilities by practicing Professional and Ethical values.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications was established in the academic year 2000 – 2001 with the aim of providing commerce education with computer application skill to the students. At present, educational institutions are compelled to provide quality personnel to meet the competitive challenges in human resource requirements of the world.
STRENGTH OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Enriched Curriculum based on industrial needs
- E-Learning platform
- Additional credit courses
- Experienced and Qualified Faculty Team
- Industrial Exposure-Internship training
- Highly demanded course in society
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Loans executive
- Human Resource manager
- Certified Financial Planner
- Venture capitalist
- Stock Broking
- Business Intelligence
- Business Analytics
- Foreign Trade
- Finance Controller
- Finance Consultant
- Investment Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Portfolio Manager
- Tax Auditor
- Tax Consultant
- To improve the result of the student with good score of marks
- To have more collaboration with leading industries
- To facilitate higher placements in reputed core companies
- Planned to sign MoU with By the start-up and Digital Marketing Coimbatore
- To get research funds from Government agencies
- To provide employability training to the students along with regular academics.
- To promote more real time projects and research through industrial tie-ups
- To build a strong Alumni interaction
- Venkat Sundar, Actor In Tamil Film Industry
- Karthik, Strategic Marketing Manager
- A Guest Lecture programme on Opportunities in Careers Today was conducted 07th August 2017. The resource person Senthil Sundharamoorthy, Manager Vizhient Inc, Principal System Analyst, UHC, Texas USA addressed the gathering.
- A Guest lecture programme on Consumer ProtectionAct was conducted on 30th August 2017. The resource person Mrs.Kokila Guest Lecturer, Govt. Arts College, Coimbatore addressed the gathering.
- A Guest lecture programme on Object Oriented Programming Concepts was conducted on 05th August 2017. The resource person Dr.M.Muthumani Associate Professor Sri Ramakrishna College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore addressed the gathering.
- A Guest Lecture on Impress Management was conducted on 25th September 2017. The resource person Dr.Prabhu Associate Professor, Govt. Arts College, Coimbatore addressed the gathering.
- A Guest Lecture on Career opportunities in Banking Sector was conducted on 2nd January 2018, The resource person J.Vanangamudi,JV Academy ,Coimbatore addressed the gathering.
- A Guest Lecture on Digital Marketing was conducted on 3rd January 2018, The resource person Mr.Sameer, Business Analyst, By the startups, Founder of Pick myVoice, Coimbatore addressed the gathering.
- A Guest Lecture on Banking Law was conducted on 9th January 2018, The resource person Mrs. Kokila Lawyer and Guest Lecturer, Arts College, Coimbatore addressed the gathering.
- A Guest Lecture on Involvement Portfolio using Technical and Fundamental Analysis was conducted on 19th January 2018, The resource person K.Sivaprakash, Portfolio Manager, Asyle Capitals, Coimbatore. Coimbatore addressed the gathering.
- A Guest Lecture on Structured Query Language in DBMS was conducted on 25th January 2018, The resource person Dr.N.Muthumani Associate Professor of BCA,SRCAS, Coimbatore. addressed the gathering.
- Third year B.com CA students visited Mysore-Bangalore-Wonderla from 11.09.2017 to 13.09.2017
- Second year B.com CA students visited Covai Castings, Saravanampatti, Coimbatore on 13th September 2017
- Students of II B.Com CA went for a two days industrial visit to Cochin on 24th and 25th of February 2018 and the students visited Anna Aluminium Company Pvt.Ltd, Kochi, Kochin port and Lulu Mall.
An inter-collegiate meet “FIESTA – 2018” was conducted by the department on
21.2.2018. The function was inaugurated by Mrs. CA. Dhanalakshmi.B, Deputy General Manager- Finance, Lakshmi Machine Works Ltd., Felicitation was done Mr. CA. Rajesh.S Chairman ICAI, Coimbatore and More than 650 students from various colleges in and around Tamilnadu participated in the events. The overall championship was won by PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore.
Registration for Admission